Sweet BBQ Chicken
The Coronavirus pandemic has caused us to focus on our interests in hobbies. Some of us learned to paint, while others focused on cooking/ baking. However, for Don Brown, he decided to take the culinary route. Brown began posting pictures of his weekend meals on his Instagram account that started receiving positive feedback.
Gradually, his Instagram comments were filled with “What are you making this weekend?” or “Looking forward to your meals on the weekends.” Due to the constant requests, Brown set up a cooking Instagram account in May 2020. He would post experimenting with food and trying out different meals which his audience seemed to like. Brown sincerely believes no form of cooking is off limits! He considers it a medium for sharing heart and soul with his family and friends.
- 3 to 5-pound whole chicken
- ½-cut lemon
- 1 can of your favorite beer
Sweet BBQ Rub
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons roasted garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- ½ teaspoon of cayenne pepper to taste.
The cooking process
Preparing the chicken
- Lay down the chicken on a kitchen cloth.
- Pat the chicken dry with dry paper towels.
- Rub the cut side of the lemon onto the chicken skin. The acidic content from the lemon will balance the pH levels, so the chicken cooks perfectly.
- Furthermore, the rub will also bind the chicken better because of the sticky film by the lemon rub.
- You can use TD’s Brew & BBQ Sweet BBQ Love Rub for a readymade approach.
Preparing the rub (Optional)
- If you want to create a sweet BBQ rub, combine all the above-listed ingredients into a bowl and mix it well. You can whisk it until the spices reach homogeneity.
- Coat the rub onto the chicken. It is the time to go completely ham on the chicken (food wordplay).
Back to the chicken
- Now it is time to employ drinking into the meal.
- Drink half the can of the beer you wish to use. Your favorite beer will do. However, we suggest using a Lager.
- Drop three to four cloves of garlic into the can.
- Insert the can inside the chicken’s cavity. You may feel some discomfort during this step. However, it will be short-lived.
- Once the beer can has been successfully inserted, cap the opening with a half-cut lemon. This will prevent the steam from releasing through the cavity and result in more intense flavors.
- Erect the chicken on the beer can.
- Cook the chicken in the Traeger or any BBQ grill at 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Let the chicken bake in the beer steam for at least 90 minutes.
- Once you see the chicken has been cooked perfectly, take it off of the grill.
- Wrap into the foil to preserve flavor and prevent the bird from cooking any further. No one likes eating a chewy chicken!
- Let the Sweet BBQ chicken rest in the foil for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Carve at the dinner table.
- Enjoy until the pants become too tight.
- Liberally coat the chicken in the BBQ rub. This is an opportunity to decide the intensity of the flavors.
- Preserve the custom sweet BBQ rub in an airtight container and use it for up to six months.
- Dropping the cloves in the beer can is an entirely optional step. Use either the cloves in the can or roasted garlic powder in the rub.
- Do not insert a whole can of beer in the cavity. A completely filled beer can will create too much steam in the oven or grill. Your chicken will come off with soggy skin, a sight that is never appetizing.
- You can replace the coarse sea salt with kosher salt.
- The chicken will cook perfectly when its internal temperature at the thickest point of the breast reads at 165 to 170 degrees Fahrenheit. Use a probing temperature for an accurate reading.
- You can bake the chicken in the kitchen oven with the same temperature setting. No need to forgo the dish just because you don’t own a grill.
- Letting the chicken is crucial for developing flavor. Munch on a light snack until it cools down!
Is your roasted chicken driving a bike?
TomsRiDICKulousThings.com offer unconventional chicken stands for your Sunday Dinner. Be it a chicken or a turkey; the stands will result in laughter, merriment, and mutual love of food. These stands are perfect for the main course, so shop away to make the dinner table presentable.