Redneck Sushi Recipe
Redneck Sushi Recipe
Happy Canada Day, people! And do we have the dish for you for the perfect occasion! The recipe is brought to us by a fellow Canadian. Burke is a father of three and husband to…one (duh). Burke’s individual style of cooking involves leaving the grill on to leave searing marks.
The redneck recipe involves loads of spices, cheese, and sauces! Need we say more? The dish is entirely customizable; however, cook the meat in indirect heat to maintain its flavour and succulent texture. Burke has been creating the dish for a few years now. It is a homage to Burke's outdoorsy hobbies that include hunting and fishing.
- Large pork tenderloin
- 14 slices of thick-cut butcher bacon
- 1 to 1.5 cups of cheese
- 1 lb. pancetta
- BBQ sauce
· BBQ rub
The following BBQ rub is perfect for four to five lbs. tenderloin:
- 1/4th cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt or salt to taste.
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
The cooking process
Preparing the meat
- Begin the cooking by pan-frying pancetta. Ensure the skillet is nice and hot, and watch out for oil spatters.
- Now add the BBQ sauce. You can use Saucy Dotty’s Gourmet Sauce.
- Let the sauce thicken on low heat so the flavours develop. You will know the BBQ sauce is ready when it is sticky and delicious.
- Let the sauce rest by putting the pan side.
- Now grab the pork tenderloin and pat it dry.
- We are going to fillet it, so begin pounding the tenderloin to achieve even thickness.
The BBQ rub
- Measure the BBQ rub ingredients and mix them together in a bowl
- You can whisk until the spices reach homogeneity. Otherwise, cover the bowl with a lid. Shake the spices well.
- Rub the tenderloin with your favourite BBQ rub. You can create a custom rub which we explained above.
- Otherwise, for the quick route, use the Bone Dust by Ted Reader.
- For prepping the tenderloin, line the inside of the pork with a friendly amount of cheese. You can use provolone, but mozzarella will work fine too.
- Now add the pancetta from earlier onto the cheese and roll it. Remember, the sticky pancetta is the secret to the dish’s success.
- To complete the mouth salivating dish, lay down a lovely butcher cut bacon over the meat. You can lay it in the zipper pattern as shown in the picture.
- Now carefully place the stuffed tenderloin onto the bacon and begin wrapping it. You can stare at it in amazement when it looks beautiful upon completion.
- Preheat the grill to 250 degrees Fahrenheit. The grill's duration to reach the intended temperature will depend on the model and the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Grill the prepared tenderloin in indirect heat with a mix of black and sugar maple smoke. Chef’s kiss!
- Let the tenderloin cook and marinate in the delicious flavour until the internal temperature at the thickest point reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take out the tenderloin and let it rest.
How to cut?
- Grab a sharp knife. The sharpness will mirror the perfection of the cuts. If it is not sharp, we suggest you fix that problem first.
- Mark dents one inch apart.
- Carefully and perfectly slice the cooked tenderloin at a one-inch distance, so they appear as meaty and delicious sushi rolls. Appearances can be deceiving indeed!
- Present the platter with the favourite drink of the group and enjoy a delicious meal created from the heart.
- When it is time to cut the tenderloin, place it on a cutting board to serve. It will make it a lot easier to serve to a crowd.
- Use a probing temperature for a temperature reading.
- Do not limit yourself to using provolone or mozzarella cheese. You can use Swiss cheese too.
- Lay down the tenderloin on a kitchen cloth, so it does slip.
- Wear gloves when removing the tenderloin from the grill.
- Letting it rest afterwards will help maintain its shape. If you cut into it instantly, the promised “cheese sushi roll” look will fall apart.
- No problem if you do not own a grill. Use the same temperature setting to prepare the tenderloin in the kitchen oven.
Time to plate up!
Are you searching for unique tools to present the dishes to the guests? Toms RiDICKulous Things is the answer, as nothing beats a memorable dinner evening with delicious food and unlimited doses of laughter. Browse their Etsy shop and say goodbye to your bank account.