Mr. Brad Billard
The signature Jalapeño poppers recipe is brought to you by Brad Billard. He is a Canadian influencer who you may have seen hosting the CDN BBQ. It is a live Instagram show which airs every Wednesday at 8:30 Eastern Standard Time. If you haven’t heard of it, it is a show for BBQ and smoking enthusiasts. The show showcases delicious recipes every week, which are achievable right at home.
Mr. Brad Billard started his online career by uploading simple and quick BBQ and food-smoking tips. His Instagram is filled with delicious BBQ chicken wings, a rare steak that is so well-executed you will assume it came out from a professional kitchen. His dedication to basting and creating delicious food is slowly gaining recognition.
He is currently the Lumber Jack BBQ Grills ambassador, claiming to create the best BBQ pellets that will indeed up your seasoning game. Mr. Brad Billard also works closely with Phlippens to create unique BBQ rubs with organic and local ingredients. The business is situated in Kitchener, Ontario.
If you want to see more of Mr. Brad Billard (literally), he is showcased in the Men of BBQ 2022 Calendar.
Now back to the bulletin
The Mis-en-place, as the French say!
The following ingredients will make the most delicious two dozen jalapeño poppers you will ever taste. Time to collect the ingredients! You need:
- 12 Jalapeño Peppers
- A single package of cream cheese that weighs 450 grams
- 24 slices of bacon, because why not…
- A block of cheddar cheese weighing400 grams.
- BBQ rub for marinating purposes. Any BBQ sauce with Jalapeño or Mexican hints will work perfectly.
- Sauce to baste! We propose something with smoky undertones for the signature BBQ flavor and scent.
The smoking procedure
- Begin cutting the Jalapeño peppers length-wise. Keep the stem intact so they are easier to manage and move around.
- De-seed the Jalapeño peppers. Remove their white seeds and the pith.
- Now grab the BBQ rub of your choice. We suggest using Meatchurch’s Holy Voodoo. However, that is not a rule set in stone.
- Break down the block of cream cheese using a fork and mix it well with two to four tablespoons of the BBQ rub to achieve homogeneity. Add more for more heat.
- Fill the Jalapeño peppers with the paste according to your taste and preferences.
- Now it’s time to use the block of cheddar cheese you have been eying. Cut the block into tiny strips of cheese. Measure the size with the help of a small Kit-Kat bar.
- After the cheese has been sliced successfully, eat the Kit-Kat bar. (Unrelated!)
- Place the cheese strips on top of the cream cheese-filled Jalapeño peppers.
- Wrap each sliced Jalapeño pepper with a slice of bacon. The meat strip will seal and prevent the cheese and cream cheese sauce from escaping while the poppers bake.
- Sprinkle the Jalapeño poppers with the BBQ sauce. You can use the Phlippens Original Smoked Sauce, but whichever works for you is fine.
- Place the Jalapeño Poppers on a baking tray. Do not use parchment paper, or the cheese or fatty acids from the bacon will stick to it.
- Place the poppers into the smoker at a temperature of 225°C for 90 minutes.
- Take them out after 90 minutes to baste the poppers with your favorite BBQ sauce.
- Let the poppers rest for 15 minutes in the smoker for the flavors to become best friends.
- Remove them from the smoker.
Before you begin making your signature Jalapeño poppers, remember to:
- Wear latex gloves to handle food and de-seeding the Jalapeño peppers. This is a must for sensitive skin.
- Wash your hands after de-seeding, holding, and marinating Jalapeño poppers to safely touch the eyes and all body parts afterward.
- Allow the cream cheese block to reach room temperature. It will mix well with BBQ seasoning without forming lumps.
- Removing the chill from the bacon will make it easier to wrap the poppers. A testament to your dexterity!
- As suggested earlier, use a baking tray because the cheese drips! You may use foil paper to conceal the delicious flavors you are about to create.
- Wash your hands after you are done making the Jalapeño peppers.
Who are we?
Toms RiDICKulous Things offer great insight into culinary/BBQ skills. It showcases some of the best recipes for a BBQ party where the drinks are flowing, there is a tone of laughter, and everyone has a merry time. We need it right now since we just survived a pandemic!